Saturday, December 5, 2009

Need more info on Pack n Plays....?

I am pretty sure that is what they are called....I am pregnant with my 3rd child and I use to have alot of baby items until I gave them away thinkin I would have no more kids.....boy was I wrong. Of course now I have to buy new items and was thinking of buying a pack n play so my baby can sleep in, instead of a crib. My question is does anyone have any experience with them that they can share with me...what did you think of it? Are they okay for the baby to sleep in? or should I get a crib?



Need more info on Pack n Plays....?performing art center



i use a pack n play with my 9 week old. he sleeps in it beside my bed. i love it. i have one that has a changing table and a bassinett and it is the single best thing i've bought. it's so handy at night to have a safe place to change his diaper (cuz sometimes i'm not the most alert in the middle of the night!) that is right beside where he's sleeping. i keep the changing table on the pack n play all the time and he sleeps in the other half (he's still small enough to fit width-wise). i'm able to store extra outfits, burp cloths, bibs, and changing table pads back under the table. Very handy. it also comes with music, lights, and vibrations. the light is just right for sneaking a peek at him without distrubing him. i'm not ready for him to sleep in his crib yet cuz his room is across the house from our bedroom! boo.



Need more info on Pack n Plays....?theatre tickets opera theater



I have a pack and play I used for naps with my daughter and when we went out of town. She slept great in it. I'm 25 weeks with #2 and am thinking of using the pack and play as my son's bed until I transition my daughter from her toddler bed (which is the crib) into her big bed later down the road.
i think they are okay to sleep in i just use mine for travel though. I think it depends on where you start training them to sleep my son sometimes won't sleep in the pack n play because he is accustomed to his crib.
We have a pack n play but don't use it in place of a crib. We live in a 2 story house so I wanted a place for the baby to take his naps. It works out great as it also has the changing table type basket on the top. I love it for naps and changing downstairs but I would not use it to replace a crib! I think a baby needs a crib to sleep in at night time in his own room. Just my opinion.
We used a pack'n'play for about the first 6 weeks for our daughter to sleep in. They now have bassinet attachments on them so it raises the sleeping area which makes it easier to get the baby in and out. We moved our daughter into a crib at 6 weeks because she moved around a lot, she refused to let me swaddle her arms down so they would flop around all night and rock the bassinet part around. I think they are good, but I think she's more comfortable in a crib. Since the bassinet part is suspended from the edges of the pack'n'play, it sort of sways with movement, like a hammock (not as much as a hammock, but similar type of movement). So, I think a crib would be a better more long-term choice, but you can always find cheap prices for pack'n'plays at garage sales, craigslist.com, or eBay, and usually they are like new. Good luck %26amp; congrats! :)
I use my pack n play for my daughter. I keep it next to my bed. I know once they reach a certain weight you have to take the bassinet portion out and the baby would have to be all the way to the bottom. I would suggest a convertible crib.
I got a pack n play at my shower. It was too big to lug around everywhere so I gave it to grandma and grandpa to keep so when my son stays over he has a place to sleep. He's now 7 mos. old and they still use it for his bed, they love it.
I'm not sure how comfy they are for every night.



I suppose you could try it and if it's a problem then you could get a crib later!



My babies sleep in a crib attached to my bed soooooo..... hehehehe
we used pack n play from about 3 moths to one year (then she moved to her own room and we bought a wooden cot) with our daughter and it was perfectly fine. Now I use it as a changing table in the sitting room so it will get even more use. You just have to buy an extra matress (they usualy offer it to you when you are buying one) as the matress that comes with it is not good enough for every day use.
buy a new one, used ones aren't as good and are "broken in" which is bad for baby. get one w/ a detachable changer but not one that sits IN it, one that sits ABOVE and a little to the side, a canopy with toys is good and some have music and vibrations, look for that.
Get a crib.



They are smaller than cribs and don't have as comfortable of a mattress. They're good for naps or vacations or overnights at Grandparents, but not for everynight sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++