Thursday, December 10, 2009

Do you dislike people who plays loud music?

I used to live in a dom with two girls who played loud techno music and hip-hop... which leaves me feeling irritated and sleepless at night. I wanted to tell them to keep their volume levels low but I just don't want to take away their privilege or want them to feel offended. I am the kind of girl that doesn't like any loud or sudden noises... but these two girls are just completely living a lifestyle that is obviously different from me...



Sometimes when they come home and turn on the music, the floor is just vibrating like the apartment is going to breakdown, which really makes me feel insecure.



Do you dislike people who plays loud music?performing arts show



During the day, I don't mind loud music unless the person plays the same song repeatedly. At night (bedtime), it's annoying when teenagers roll by with the bass vibrating the windows.



I was that age once so I tolerate it (what else can I do? lol) ... it's just annoying.



Do you dislike people who plays loud music?opera cd opera theater



nope does not bother me
You live there too, so ask them to keep it down when you're trying to sleep or veg out, or whatever. Just be polite about it, as it sounds like you would be. Say something like "I'm really sorry to bother you, and I know you enjoy listening to your music loud...but would you mind keeping it down a little bit? I'm really exhausted..." (If you're really nervous, go in your bathrobe and look sleepy:P)



When I was in college, I asked people to turn music down and I never had a problem. I hated doing it, but I think people can tell when you don't want to be bothering them, but you've just had it.
No i dont
just politley tell them to try to lower the volume



something else you could do is turn up your music louder and disrupt them



i'd try the first one though
i love to put loud music it will bother me if its rock or country or spainish music i just like it rap or r%26amp;b n pop
You have every right to ask them to turn it down some. Just do it politely and they should have no reason to argue you about it. If they don't turn it down, especially if it's after 9 or 10 at night, call the police.
JUST TELL THEM TO TURN IT DOWN ILIKE MY MUSIC BUT I TRY TO THINK OF OTHER TOO
I only dislike people who play loud music if they're playing it at the wrong time. Those girls in your dorm were playing it at the wrong time when it annoys other people in close proximity. It's not annoying like if you play loud music in your car or by yourself.
what bothers me is sitting at a redlight and the car next to me is thumping so loud that it vibrates me
Those two people are being not only rude, but thoughtless. You should have called and asked them to turn it down. And am very shocked someone else didn't.



Another pet peve of mine is someone going down the road with the radio so loud that you can hear it a block off.



Yes, it makes me dislike them when I don't even know them.
i dont dislike them they are just a bloody nuisance i had neighbours like that and they drove me mad,in the end had to speak to them and you should too they wont know if you dont let them know it bothers you.if you dont get any joy with the nice approach if your in a rented block speak to the landlord or get together with other neighbours to speak to them.
I live in an apartment complex, and my next-door neighbors are constantly playing loud, thumping music. My husband and I will stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning, and their music is still going. We'll wake up at 8 or 9, and it's still going! It's like these people never sleep. It's very irritating, and even if I don't say anything to the neighbors I will never ever like them or respect them. People who play loud music are no better than people who shove their beliefs down everyone else's throat, because that's exactly what the music-players are doing-- shoving their own music down everyone else's ears, if that makes any kind of sense. They don't respect others, which makes it very difficult to respect them, and they obviously don't care about anyone's comfort but their own. Don't feel bad about offending them. They are the ones actively offending you!
Hip-hop? Let's see, now. That's a new name for "Rap",



right? Well, yes and no.



Yes, I don't like it all when my neighbors are noticeably



obnoxious and loud.



No, hip-hop music doesn't qualify as music, per se.



Because it's just noise. Period.



Interesting, isn't it? The word "Rap" just happens to



with a word that describes it very well: "Crap!"
I really sympathize - I can't stand this!! I lived with it for 4 months in my apartment till my neighbors were evicted. 2 guys moved in next door %26amp; partied all hours of the night. I had to call management %26amp; even the police several times. Music was booming through my living room walls for hours at a time. He was also walking out onto the porch in front of my door to yell at his girlfriend on his cell phone. I almost had a nervous breakdown!



You are perfectly within your rights to ask them to turn it down. They are actually violating your rights by keeping it up so excessively high. Not to mention that it's illegal. There's a law in every city, county, etc stating that you are entitled to peaceful enjoyment of your living space.
oooooooh yea,



That is a huge pet peeve of mine!



If they want to listen to their music that is fine with me, but keep it out of my space. It so irritates me when I'm sitting at a stop light and the windows of my car are vibrating and all I can do is feel a "boom, boom, boom" piercing my brain....



Well, I guess my answer is yes : )
Well, if I lived in that situation, Yes, I would really hate it!!! But even now, It annoys me to hear cars blasting their stereos- it's very juvenile and ghetto!!! Anyway, I hope you don't live with those girls any longer- but if you do, you should talk to them, b/c it's unfair for you too.
I would talk to them, but act like it's my fault for being too parent-y. If you continue to talk to them and they still play loud music, warn them that you might go to the... um.... person who's in charge of the dorm stuff if they don't turn it down, and if they still don't listen, go to that person.
For me it depends on the time of day (or night) that said music is being played. I probably wouldn't mind loud music so much at say, noon or something, but start blasting that mess at 1 or 2 in the morning for example and I'll be pissed. Then again, I'm a music lover and the loudness doesn't bother me so much. If it does bother you, you have every right to ask them to turn it down though. You all inhabit a dorm, and doing so means that everyone living there should use common sense and consider the feelings and circumstances of others within reason. That includes not turning their music up so loud that the floor of another person's room vibrates.
playing loud music at the expense of others I find rude and inconsiderate-But then I do greatly enjoy loud music, so I guess its not my fault that no one else has good taste. lol
Their behavior is nothing short of rude! Not you or anyone else in the dorm or the town, for that matter should have to put up with that lame crappy music. If it was good music it might not be so bad. But why do people think they can force their bad taste on other people. People can listen to whatever they want, but when it interferes with others lives, their studying and sleep then it has to go. Talk to your RAs or Resident Director. Shame on them for not doing something about it sooner. If you don't get the results you want, go direcly to the director of housing or even the Dean of the college. Stand up for yourself, because nobody else will do it for you. Good luck!
Its very rude an inconsiderate....they're really ignorant.
depends which music they are playing!if it's anything i like (craig david ) it's fine but they can turn ac/dc off!
Yeah, I'm just like you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++